Skip to main content
Question

Segment of repliers

• 4 July 2024
  • 2 replies

How can I create a segment of recipients who replied to a campaign or broadcast email through customer.io? 

Thank you all in advance, 
A.

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @andrep23 

At this time, tracking replies is not an available feature within Customer.io. Since Customer.io sends directly from the email address you choose, any replies from your customers to that address won't return to Customer.io. Instead, they go directly to the address you sent from. Because of this, tracking replies is not currently an available feature within the application. 

As a workaround, you can leverage link tracking. While we don't have a way to track email replies, we can track link clicks in emails, including a reply link in your email content. 

You would want to use this Liquid format to ensure your mailto link is tracked:

{% cio_link url:'mailto:win@customer.io' track: true url_params: false %}

Once this is added to your email content, you can create a data-driven segment that will capture anyone who clicks the link. For instance, in this segment, I am targeting anyone who has clicked my mailto link in "Email 1" of my "Previous Purchase Promo" campaign:

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 4

Hey Andrep,

in addition to Mau’s answert I can encourage you to test the tracking. Sometimes the tracked links mess with the URL outcome, especially with “tel” and “mailto”. As far as I know CIO fixed all of that some time back, but I guess the response to your email should definetly reach your inbox 😁

Best,

Felix