Skip to main content

Hello, I've encountered a problem: after sending an email, the word "banner" appears in the email title. 
Can you tell me how to remove it? 

Hi Ricky,

It looks like that text may be part of the preview text and possibly coming from the alt text of an image in the body of your email.

You can add a custom header to hide the preview text, as described here: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/custom-preheader-text/. Can you give this a try and see if it resolves the issue?

I tried it, but it's not what I wanted, I just need to take out an extra word.

@Ricky please check Alt text added to the logo or main image. It might be that a word banner is added there. Simply remove it from there.

However, Byron’s suggestion to use pre-header is a pro tip! 

I think this could work, but I can't find where you do it? 

@Ricky are you using an HTML template or building the email using inbuilt Drag’n’drop editor?

Were you able to figure this out? What has been shared already is a good order of operations:

1. If you’re using the drag and drop editor, there is a spot for “Preheader text” where you can fill in. I would make sure to use whitespace at the end of it to give the email a clean look and prevent any additional text from showing up at the end of your preview text. Here’s a tutorial on how to do this
  2. If you’re using a coded email, you’ll need to add a couple of lines of code right below the opening body tag. Here’s a tutorial for that
  3. Method 1 or 2 should work. I don’t think you have to remove the alt text but that could be a way to do it if you can’t figure it out.