Solved

Integrating Customer.io Emails with HubSpot Contact Records

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, Community!

I'm looking for guidance on syncing emails sent from Customer.io with contact records in HubSpot. My main goal is to have a comprehensive view of communications by integrating the emails dispatched from Customer.io into each contact's activity timeline in HubSpot. This integration is crucial for maintaining a centralised record of interactions and ensuring our team has the context needed for personalised follow-ups.

Has anyone successfully implemented this integration? Specifically, I'm interested in any direct integrations, third-party tools, or custom workflows that might facilitate this sync. Tips on setting up this process, potential pitfalls to avoid, and best practices for maintaining data integrity would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for sharing your insights and experiences!

Best regards,
Andrea

icon

Best answer by Penny 11 March 2024, 05:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @andrep23 ,

You can achieve this by using the BCC option to copy your Hubspot account. I’ve linked the relevant documentation on this here for your easy reference:

In testing this previously, I’ve found that the fake BCC option does not successfully log the emails send from CIO to your email recipient. You would have to just BCC your Hubspot BCC address: 

The only caveat here when using this option is that the emails would be marked as opened in Customer.io when it is received and/or loaded within your Hubspot contact profile. So the actual open metrics you’re tracking for the emails may not be reliable as they may not come from the true email recipient but I do hope that this helps! 

Hi @Penny , 

Many thanks for your reply. Although it seemed an amazing and effective solution, I’ve just tested it with a broadcast newsletter with one of my personal emails and unfortunately the email didn’t logged into hubspot. 

I’ve used an html email, it may be the reason? Or it works both with plain and html emails this technique? 

FYI, what I';m trying to do is to sync onto HS the newsletters I send monthly to my contacts. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @andrep23 

Using a HTML code editor email should have no impact on this. Here’s a test broadcast from my CIO workspace: 

(You’d have to ensure that the Fake BCC option is unchecked.) 

Once the broadcast has been sent, you can see that this email is logged on my Hubspot contact (even if the design such as the background colour is not rendered). 

I would also recommend testing this in a normal email send BCC-ing your Hubspot BCC address to make sure that it is working there as well, in case there is some setting on the Hubspot side of things that is blocking this. :)