Solved

Campaign T/F branch

• 14 July 2023
  • 1 reply

• If you activate a campaign, can you pause it and then edit it?  I have put too much work into setting up my campaigns and I'd loathe to find out later after activating my campaign, I could NOT edit it if it had an error. 
  • Can you delete a campaign after activating it?
  • My campaigns are event-driven/event-based.  I am wondering if time delays are required before every T/F fork/branch because a user might not perform an event as fast as my campaign can get to the T/F fork/branch - which will automatically interpret false even though later on the user performs the event.  
icon

Best answer by frankie 15 July 2023, 00:33

View original

1 reply

Hello there! 👋

Thank you for writing to us. I hope this message finds you well.

Jumping right into your inquiries:

1. "If you activate a campaign, can you pause it and then edit it? I have put too much work into setting up my campaigns and I'd loathe to find out later after activating my campaign, I could NOT edit it if it had an error."

While it's not possible to pause a campaign, it is possible to stop a campaign, as mentioned in our documentation here:

​That said, we do have a feature request for the ability to pause a campaign that I have upvoted on your behalf so that our product team knows it would be useful to you. If you need to make changes to a campaign, I would recommend stopping the campaign and making your changes. Alternatively, you can make changes to a campaign that is currently running without stopping it. However, we generally don't recommend this. If you need to make changes to a campaign without stopping it, I would highly recommend reviewing our documentation about making changes to live campaigns here:

2. "Can you delete a campaign after activating it?"

Yes, you can delete your campaign by opening it and clicking Campaign Actions >> Delete:
Screenshot-2023-07-14-at-5-15-58-PM.png

3." My campaigns are event-driven/event-based. I am wondering if time delays are required before every T/F fork because a user might not perform an event as fast as my campaign can get to the T/F fork - which will automatically interpret false even though later on the user performs the event."

If you have a T/F branch that requires someone to perform an event to evaluate to false, you may want to consider including a delay before the T/F branch, or you may encounter situations where the event in question isn't performed fast enough for the person to meet the condition required to evaluate to true. 

​I hope this helps! 😊

​With warm regards,