Solved

Adding follow-up emails

• 16 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there, can anyone advise on another fundamental question? I set up welcome mail for newly registered. Then, I added a follow-up e-mail in the same campaign. This follow-up e-mail will only be sent to those who registered after I set it up, right? 

icon

Best answer by Byron 16 January 2024, 15:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

That’s correct, if people have already exited the campaign before you added additional emails (or other actions) then the message will not send to those who exited. People who trigger the campaign going forward will receive the message.

To handle the past journeys, you can try to build a segment to capture those who left the campaign. One idea is to determine one email or other message that would have been sent to everyone and use a condition like “[name of email] has ever been sent”. Using this segment, you can trigger either a follow-up campaign, or send the message as a newsletter/broadcast. One thing to note is that if you have people who are currently in a time delay in the campaign, they may be part of your segment, so it may be possible that some people receive two copies of the message unless you workaround that to prevent it from happening.