Solved

Unable to verify domain with Wix

• 17 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am not able to complete the domain verification using Wix on my side.

As you can see, the MX Records are still pending because I can’t change the priority value on Wix configuration to the value 10, and I can’t add/change the hostname (which I removed for confidentiality) :

Anyone figured out how to solve this using Wix & Customer.io ?

Thanks a lot for your help

icon

Best answer by Byron 17 January 2024, 20:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Alain,

This is Byron from the CIO technical support team. I wanted to send a quick reply to let you know that this is a known issue with Wix and our domain authentication requirements.

One suggestion is to use a custom SMTP server rather than verifying the domain through Customer.io.

Another option could be to configure your DNS outside of Wix. Instead of using Wix's built-in DNS hosting (required if you purchased your domain through Wix), you could consider transferring your domain and moving your DNS hosting to another provider. Such providers you could consider are Cloudflare, AWS Route 53, DNSimple. By moving to a different DNS provider, you would have the flexibility of having more granular control over the types of records you can set while still having the ability to point your domain back to your Wix-hosted website. Wix supports this via the "pointing method" they outline here:

Thank you for your help, I moved my DNS hosting to Google Domains and now it is working well !