Solved

Send in-app message in web channel to anoymous people

• 11 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4

In the documentation it clears states that the user has to be identified in order to send an in-app message. But in the web channel when working with on-site messages (banners, popups etc.) I would like to show messages to basically everyone via CIO. Is there any workaround in order to achive this? What is the reason I have to identify all users?

Thanks for your help,

Felix

icon

Best answer by Penny 12 June 2023, 08:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @Felix

Within the web-channel as well, any person must be identified in order to send an in-app message and it is not possible to send a message to an anonymous person at the moment. The reason for this is currently, in-app messages are triggered based on specific events/attributes that is specified within the campaign or broadcast, etc all of which requires a person to be identified in order for the correct message to be sent to the correct person. 

I believe what you’re looking to do is to send a web/in-browser push notification. We have an open request for a feature like this that our team is tracking feedback on and I have upvoted it on your behalf so that our product team knows this is something that would be useful to you.

Apologies I don’t have any better news for you today Felix but I hope this helps to clarify!

Userlevel 4

Hey Penny,

no worries at all. You are releasing so many awesome freatures latley anyway 😄

To get into more detail, the initial idea was to use the feature as a lead generatiion, e.g. showing a popup to everyone that is not identified / is not subscribed, yet. I think there would be the follwoing challenges that would come with it:

• Setting cookies to supress already shown messages to anoymous people
  • Trigger feature like exit-intent, show after X Seconds, show after X % Scrolled (see OptIn Monster features)
  • Form inside messages to avoid extra step in order to sign up

BIG NOTE: Only a scatch of an idea 😉