Solved

Requesting Guidance on Implementing Notifications History Feature for Mobile App

• 18 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm currently working on implementing a "notifications history" feature for a mobile app. Essentially, I need to create an endpoint that allows the client to view a list of all push notifications sent to their device or user.

After reviewing the API documentation, it appears that there isn't a pre-built solution for this specific feature. My plan is to utilize reporting webhooks to store the title and body of the push notifications in a database hosted on our own infrastructure. By doing so, I can retrieve this data from the database when needed.

I wanted to confirm if this approach aligns with the recommended best practices, or if there is a more straightforward solution that I might have overlooked. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Penny 19 July 2023, 07:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Hey Douglas,

Great question here! And your approach here is definitely what we would recommend in this case! 

Using Reporting Webhooks, and specifically for “Sent” events for push notifications, you would be able to include the body content of the push notification to be sent and stored in your own database so that you can retrieve the information to build out the notifications history in your mobile app.

At the moment, you’re right on track that this would be the best way to go about this! 😊