Question

Delete default Data Pipeline - Journeys Workspace destination

• 15 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Another data pipeline noob question. I see that I have a default Journeys Workspace destination in my environment. I actually don’t want the data to be forwarded to Journeys, but I don’t see a way to disable the destination. 

Is this destination just what Customer.io uses to get the data we are sending to customer.io (using the API or integration) to Journeys? I was thinking of disabling all action mappings as a workaround, but I’m now worried that this will disrupt event ingestion in journeys and will interfere with ongoing campaigns. 

Appreciate your help!

1 reply

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out with your Data Pipeline Enquiry!

As it turns out, it’s currently not possible to disable the Journeys Workspace Destination in your customer.io account - This is due to having the Journeys Destination setup as a part of our automatic forwarding for Journey Track API Calls: https://customer.io/docs/cdp/sources/getting-started/#the-journeys-sdks-and-track-api

Following on from this, I can also confirm that disabling all the actions for the Journeys destination will break the incoming flow of data because activating CDP means that it takes over the Track API.

If the concern overall here is due to billing, I’ll note that there are no cost for any calls made to a Journeys Destination and because of this we do recommend integrating with Pipelines rather than the base APIs.

If billing isn’t the main concern, we do have an open request for a feature in adding an option to disable CDP from your workspace that our team is tracking feedback on, and I have upvoted it on your behalf so that our product team knows this is something that would be useful to you.

I hope this has addressed your enquiry!