Question

Send follow up for incomplete form

• 26 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I am trying to set up a campaign to send a follow up email if customers have not completed a form within a day of starting it.

However, the complexity in this is that often they may drop off the first time, but then will click on the link again and complete the form (using the same email) but now with two CIO profiles.

The status of this form is either Incomplete or Complete.

Is there a way to create a segment which includes emails where the status is Incomplete, but only if they don’t have a Complete status under the same email address?

Thanks

3 replies

if you use typeform you can see the complete action (which is who have completed) and incomplete can be tracked indirectly using how many ppl have clicked on the form

Userlevel 4

Hey Moretonr,

what are your identifiers for the workspace? There is an automatical merge feature in case there is a profile with the same identifier more than one time. This might solve your problem in case you have email enabled as identifier. Check this article out for more information.

As I understand the link that people are clicking is the link in the email after they abandoned the form, correct? If so, you could also pass over the id of the person with the link, e.g. https://yourwebsite.com/form?id=12345 and create a hidden field in the form where this information is passed over to cio again. That way you can identifer the person and the profiles should get merged automatically (see link above).

Hope that helps,

Felix

Hey Moretonr,

what are your identifiers for the workspace? There is an automatical merge feature in case there is a profile with the same identifier more than one time. This might solve your problem in case you have email enabled as identifier. Check this article out for more information.

As I understand the link that people are clicking is the link in the email after they abandoned the form, correct? If so, you could also pass over the id of the person with the link, e.g. https://yourwebsite.com/form?id=12345 and create a hidden field in the form where this information is passed over to cio again. That way you can identifer the person and the profiles should get merged automatically (see link above).

Hope that helps,

Felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your reply!

Our identifier is the email + a unique set of numbers after. We can’t merge them as the form is filled out by adults and then also adults on behalf of their children (in these cases they use the same email address).

People are clicking the link on a public website, so it is not easy to track who is coming back to the form until they re-enter their email.

Ideally I wanted some way to do this check on CIO. Do you think it is possible without merging? Otherwise we would have to crunch the logic of a returning person in the API and create a field on the form which gets passed over to CIO which would form the basis of a segment.

Thanks,

Rupert

​​