Solved

Add a single contact to Campaign?

• 18 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Is there a way to add contacts manually to a Campaign?

I had a campaign that was misfiring for a while, so some of the contacts did not receive it when they should have. Now the campaign works and I want to manually add them to the Campaign. Is that possible within customer.io ?

I guess I could send a custom event to the contact, but this would not work in this specific campaign. I know that for a few other MA solutions this is an out of the box option.

icon

Best answer by Leah T. 19 October 2022, 17:04

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hey rihards,

You mentioned that an event wouldn’t work in this campaign - is your campaign segment triggered, then? If so, there are two different ways to add the missed people, depending on how many people were missed.

A small handful of people:

You could add a new attribute manually (by going to People > select a Person > Attributes) indicating that they were missed, then create a new data-driven segment targeting those people. Then you could adjust your campaign trigger criteria to also add people in your new segment to the campaign.

(This would be faster than creating a manual segment)

A larger number of people:

You could create a manual segment using a CSV upload, and then adjust your campaign trigger criteria to also add people in your new segment to the campaign.

(If you only had a handful of people it might be overkill, and the method above of manually adding an attribute might be faster)

I hope that helps! If not, if you could provide more information I’d be happy to take another look 😁

Thanks @leaht,

I guess the manual attribute update would work.