Solved

In-app messages not receiving on Android

• 19 July 2023
  • 8 replies

I have integrated CIO SDK in my Flutter application and everything is working fine. But when I create release build and run it on Android, it is not receiving although working fine in debug mode.

In addition, all other activities are working fine on release build like device update, screen view and attributes update etc.

What will be issue and what’s the solution. Please suggest me.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ljho 26 July 2023, 00:36

View original

8 replies

Badge

That’s great that the device attributes and event are sending fine on your release build!  To troubleshoot in-app messages, a few things you could start with:

• Is `enableInApp` set to true (ln 10 in this code snippet)?
  • Are you identifying your users by ‘id’ or ‘email’?  Make sure to use the same value in the To: field when sending and testing your in-app message.

If neither of these help, reach out at win@customer.io with your debug logs and we can take a closer look at your message and setup to see if there’s something else happening here.

I have integrated CIO SDK in my Flutter application and everything is working fine. But when I create release build and run it on Android, it is not receiving although working fine in debug mode.

In addition, all other activities are working fine on release build like device update, screen view and attributes update etc.

Thanks

hello, I have the same problem using react native. Did you get any solution for the problem?

Thanks

hello, I have the same problem using react native. Did you get any solution for the problem?

No luck.

That’s great that the device attributes and event are sending fine on your release build!  To troubleshoot in-app messages, a few things you could start with:

• Is `enableInApp` set to true (ln 10 in this code snippet)?
  • Are you identifying your users by ‘id’ or ‘email’?  Make sure to use the same value in the To: field when sending and testing your in-app message.

If neither of these help, reach out at win@customer.io with your debug logs and we can take a closer look at your message and setup to see if there’s something else happening here.

All are according to documentation but no luck.

Badge

Thank you both for your patience here!  We’ve been able to reproduce the behavior and confirmed a bug specific to a recent change to the in-app module.  An update is in progress; I’ll share once it’s available.

Thank you both for your patience here!  We’ve been able to reproduce the behavior and confirmed a bug specific to a recent change to the in-app module.  An update is in progress; I’ll share once it’s available.

Hey guys.
how are you?

Do you have any predictions of when the fix will be released?

Badge

@Daniel Pacheco@Muhammadsalman I’m happy to share that a fix to in-app messages showing for release builds is now available.  The updated versions of the updated SDKs are linked below:

@Daniel Pacheco@MuhammadsalmanI’m happy to share that a fix to in-app messages showing for release builds is now available.  The updated versions of the updated SDKs are linked below:

Hello,Thank you very much for your attention and effective support.