Solved

A/B test

• 31 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Community!

I am still learning and would like to run some A/B testing for my newsletters and require some setup help. 

I would like a newsletter to be split 50/50 and sent daily to 50% of users and 3 times a week for another 50% of users. I will have different newsletter emails I will be sending for the upcoming 3 weeks. Can I set it up as newsletters (I have already created a content) or should I create a workflow campaign? 

icon

Best answer by Rachel 15 September 2022, 23:32

View original

2 replies

I lean toward a campaign for each week with a split branch of branch A being daily and branch B being 3 times a week. You could certainly do it as broadcasts too. You’d have to split your audience by segment, with 50% of people in segment A and the other 50% in segment B, through some kind of attribute or other filters.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey there, 

For A/B testing cadences of sending you can either split the group into two segments and create separate broadcasts for each send OR build out one campaign with two pathways (one for each cadence). A Random co-hort branch will allow you to split your audience and then each path can have time delays and the correct number of emails to match your desired frequency. Here is an example of how it might look. 

Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction! Good luck in your testing & best sure to come back and let us know how it went.