Solved

Test SMS message won't send due to an error

• 8 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I can’t send a test message as there is an error: Invalid phone number. Test failed to send.
But the number is valid, what can I do? I have tried multiple times and different SMS templates, but all show the same, and this is our Indonesian number, so I know it is correct and it’s the correct format. Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Maddie 8 May 2023, 07:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi Dani,

Thank you for your question!

I also tried to do a test email with an Indonesian number and experienced the same error.

Upon inspecting the page(by right-clicking in Chrome > Inspect > Network), I came across this error: Twilio Error 21408: Permission to send an SMS has not been enabled for the region indicated by the 'To' number: +628*******

The issue doesn't look to be with the format of the number but instead that your Twilio account doesn't have this region enabled for messaging in geo-permissions.

The error is described on this Twilio documentation page and mentions how to approve messages being able to send to regions such as Indonesia, by enabling the relevant permissions in your Twilio account using the Messaging Geographic Permissions page.

I hope this helps, but please come back here if you are still experiencing the error, as we can look into this further!

- Maddie