Solved

Push notifications failing to due to FCM INVALID_TOKEN: Invalid platform or token

• 4 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to send out push notifications messages but they don’t seem to be delivered and I get the error: FCM INVALID_TOKEN: Invalid platform or token.

What does this mean and how can I fix this so I can send out push notifications?

icon

Best answer by Penny 4 May 2023, 09:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there! 

This error typically occurs when the token being sent is invalid.

To resolve this issue, I recommend reviewing the process you're using to push device data, ensuring that the correct device id is being sent for each customer in your workspace. 

You may also find this document helpful as a guide - FCM Best Practices for Token Management. Hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @broris 

You’re seeing this error because the device tokens you're sending to are not valid. A valid device token should look like what you see in the screenshot on this document: https://customer.io/docs/send-push/#test. Here, I'll recommend reviewing how you're pushing this device data so that you can ensure the proper device id is getting sent for each customer.

Hope that’s helpful!