Solved

How do I debug with a release build locally for iOS?

• 30 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I need to do it for the production app so the push notification configuration in Customer.io continues working. I would need a different cert for debug notifications. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ryan_cio 30 May 2023, 16:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi Kristine,

Thanks for reaching out with this question!

We have some general suggestions here which I’d recommend taking a look at: https://github.com/customerio/customerio-ios/blob/main/docs/SUPPORT.md#how-to-capture-logs-from-sdk-to-send-to-customerio-team

To run a Release build of your app locally on your device and see logs, follow these steps:

1. Open your project in Xcode.
  2. Connect your physical device to your computer with a USB cable.
  3. Ensure that the device is registered and provisioned for development. Click on the active scheme dropdown at the top of the Xcode window and select your device from the list.
  4. Edit the scheme to use the Release build configuration: Click on the active scheme dropdown, then "Edit Scheme."
  5. Under the "Run" action, choose the "Release" configuration in the "Build Configuration" dropdown.
  6. Make sure the "Debug executable" checkbox is unchecked. This allows you to run the Release build without attaching the debugger.
  7. Build and run your app: Press "Command + R" or click on the "Product" menu and then "Run." Xcode will build your app with the Release configuration, install it on your device, and launch it for testing.

I hope this helps, but let us know if anything else comes up!

Ryan