Solved

Deeplinking in Push notification

• 28 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve using react native customerio-reactnative: 2.3.2 to implement push notifcations in my app.
As of now, I’ve successfully implement the rich push notifcations in my system.

I want to handle the deeplinking manually based on Deep link url insert from customer io panel.
How can I access all those push notifcations messages payload (including deeplinking url) ?
Based on the that url, I’ll be handling the navigation. ( i may need to make api request based on the url before redirecting to particular screen )

How can I achieve this in my app ?

icon

Best answer by Ryan_cio 2 May 2023, 09:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

I’m not sure if I’ve completely understand your use case, but you can see the payload what we send through here: https://customer.io/docs/sdk/react-native/push/#rich-push-payloads

Is this useful for you to move forward with your implementation? If you can share more details of what you’re trying to achieve and your use case I can take a look at what other resources we might have for you!

Thanks,

Ryan

@Ryan_cio ,
 I’ve received the rich push notification in my app correctly.
Is there any way I can access that push payloads in my app.

What I wanna achieve is when user click on notification popup, I will read those deep linking url from payloads value. And based on that url, I need to make some api request and then navigate to particular screen of the application.

Thank you!

Userlevel 2

Hi again,

I checked with the team and we don’t currently have a way for you to access the push payload in React Native. We’re tracking feedback for this though, so I’ve noted down that this is something you’d like to see for our Mobile team!

In the meantime, we do have a workaround that may work for your use case. You could try calling Linking.getInitialURL() on app start to get the provided URL.

Let us know if this helps you!

Ryan