Solved

Not Receiving In-App Messages

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I am not able to receive In-App Messages on my website, I have the SDK script in the body, with the correct Site-ID key, I created a campaign and etc, I have already sent more than 100 In-App Messages but I do not receive them on the website no way... I've even tried it in another app in React, but the same way, I didn't receive it, I need some help!

I saw that in the Enable In-App Messages tab, there is a key called Service Key, do I need it somewhere? I didn't see anything in the documentation about this!

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Maddie 20 April 2023, 08:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your post, how frustrating you’re not receiving the In-app messages on your website!

Great to hear you’ve already added the SDKs to your website, the next common reason you are not getting the in-app message is that the profile has not been identified on your website.

You can read more about this here: https://customer.io/docs/sdk/web/identify/

Something else you can check is if the way you are identifying the profile in the SDK, matches the identifier you have used for your In-app message.

I have consulted with our mobile engineers, and the updates we released in Aug 2022 should mean you only need the Organisation Id to get set up, not the Service Key. Therefore, you were correct that the key is not mentioned in our docs, as you shouldn’t need it to send and receive In-app messages successfully.

I’ll look out for a reply in case this doesn’t solve the issue! :)

​​​​- ​Maddie​​ 

Thanks Maddie!

I am using the Identify from other platform, the Twillio Segment connected to Mixpanel then connected to Customer.io, I need to really use the identify from Customer.io to make it happen?

Thank You!!!!

Userlevel 1

Hi Gabriel,

I apologise for not getting back to you sooner! I have been out sick this week.

Yes, you are correct, so I hope you now have the in-app messages working!

We’re happy to help anytime :)

- Maddie