Question

Delete Events?

• 8 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi Guys,

We would like to inquire about the possibility of deleting events that have been performed by users. During development, we sent test events to some test users. Now, when we want to create a new campaign and choose events as an event trigger, the list of possible events contains all events that have ever been received by Customer.io. We would like to tidy up that list and thought that deleting all occurrences would solve this problem. However, we are unable to find a way to remove or delete these test events.

We would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Thank you for your assistance.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey!

You can’t delete events, but I believe they disappear from lists and the data index after 30 days of not being sent. It’s kind of tough to wait it out I guess if you have a lot of test events, but they’ll definitely go away soon as long as you have stopped sending them.

Hope that helps! 

Hey!

You can’t delete events, but I believe they disappear from lists and the data index after 30 days of not being sent. It’s kind of tough to wait it out I guess if you have a lot of test events, but they’ll definitely go away soon as long as you have stopped sending them.

Hope that helps! 

Hey! 

first of all, thank you for your reply :) 

We have several test events that are about two months old and have not been used since then. These test events are still appearing in our lists, and this is causing a problem for us. Some of the names of the events we want to use in production are very similar to the names of the testing events we used in development. There is a real possibility that the department that designs the campaigns will confuse the production events with the testing events, which would be very frustrating to say the least :D 

I am having this same issue here as I was testing some events and now I want to delete them.

How do I do it?

Deleting past events in Customer.io might not be directly supported. Consider contacting Customer.io support for specific guidance. Alternatively, creating a new workspace or using event filters could help organize and manage your events effectively. Check the latest documentation for any new features related to event management. You can check https://customer.io/contact/mulesoft training and certification

Thank you