Solved

Can't verify sender

• 24 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there

I get this notification that it can’t verify Askedgar.io is the sender, but in the second screenshot, it says I’m verified.  Any idea what I can do to fix this?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by aaron 25 April 2024, 14:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey jmt,

can you click on “Manage Domain” in the CIO settings and doublecheck if all three SPF, DKIM and DMARC are set tu “verified” as well?

I guess one of these is missing which is accepted by CIO, but not Gmail.

Best,

Felix

Thanks @Felix - here is what im seeing in manage domain:

Userlevel 4

Ok, seems like we have do dig deeper.

Can you do me a favor and use https://aboutmy.email/ in order to send test email to the adresse stated? You will get a detailed report. In the summary section, you will also find a “Yahoo / Google” row. Check what you can find there.

Hope that helps,

Felix

@Felix here are the results, thanks again!

Userlevel 4

Looks like something went wrong in CIO. Can you click “verfiy domain” in the settings one more time? If it still keeps saying it’s verfied, I think you will have to reach out to the support. It looks like the DNS entries are not set correctly. I have no access to it nore does the CIO support, but they can help you here. I am not sure if it is a good idea to post all the records publicaly here tbh…

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for jumping in here @Felix !

@jmt415 the reason that your email delivery is showing as unauthenticated is because someone on your team has removed the Customer.io DNS records from your host. You can see this here:

The domain still shows as verified in your domain settings because we only check for your records when you click “Verify”; we do not continuously poll to make sure they’re still present. So, in order to have your emails re-authenticated, you’ll need to add our DNS records back to your host (AWS). You can find those records in the workspaces settings that you showed in your screenshot.

If you need any thing further, please do let us know.