Question

Track API

• 4 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am having an issue with customer creation through Track API.

I’m using official Go SDK. Everything seems okay, have checked credentials as well. I get the 200 success response. But I’m not seeing any customers on my customer.io workspace.

I am unable to identify the issue. Does anyone know what might me the thing I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

package main

import (
"github.com/customerio/go-customerio/v3"
"log"
"time"
)

func main() {
sId := "MY_ID_CENSORED"
aKey := "MY_KEY_CENSORED"

track := customerio.NewTrackClient(sId, aKey, customerio.WithRegion(customerio.RegionUS))

data := map[string]interface{}{
"email": "askeraliyev24@example.com",
"created_at": time.Now().Unix(),
"first_name": "Asker",
}

if err := track.Identify("215", data); err != nil {
log.Println(err.Error())
}
}

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you’re having issues creating these profiles!

I’m not able to see an immediate issue, so it would be useful for us to get a bit more information to look into this further in our logs. As some of the information we’re asking for could be private, you can reach out to win@customer.io with this information. Here’s some of the information we’re looking for:

• The workspace associated with the credentials you used to call the API.
  • The date and time (as precise as possible) of an API call that was made that did not produce the results you were expecting.
  • The API endpoint used to send the data (including any IDs that were part of the endpoint for any specific profile or object)
  • The exact code used to call the API, ideally shared in a Gist or via Pastebin to keep formatting intact.
  • The exact data sent in that call, ideally shared in a Gist or via Pastebin to keep formatting intact. (I.e., what was the actual data sent as generated by your code?) 
  • Links to some sample users where we can see the call did not do as you expected. (Or send their id and/or email.)

We’ll keep an eye out for your email with this information!

Thanks,

Ryan