Solved

Add non-customers to Customer.io

• 6 April 2022
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

We are hosting an event at the end of the month and we want to send people whoa aren’t customers of ours an invitation to this event. As we don’t have them on Customer.io, is there a possibility that we can still email this group or a way to add them? When trying to add them as a CSV, I know the system will not allow me to add their emails.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 April 2022, 10:13

View original

1 reply

Hi Jordan,

Please see this document for guidelines on adding people via csv, because you should be allowed to do that (you can add anyone through this method). If you run into any issues with that let me know!

The question on whether or not you can still email that group once they're added to CIO depends on if they opt-ed in to receive future emails from you when you first collected those emails. If you're unsure, check with your legal team what the conditions were when you collected those emails from investors / other companies. If they did not opt in, you should not email them because it would be sending unsolicited emails that could hurt your deliverability. If they did opt in, you can send those emails!