Solved

Why does the API not allow for creating campaigns?

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I want to codify our Customer.io configuration as we have identical config across multiple environments (workspaces).  

Is this on the roadmap somewhere?

icon

Best answer by Rachel 14 November 2022, 23:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey BlairNangle, 

Thanks so much for writing in about this feature request. While we have gotten similar requests, this is not something prioritized in our current roadmap. Currently we are working on data structures within Customer.io and making it simpler for many to one use cases and improving the content/creation experience inside the platform. I have however logged this request for future consideration. 

Please keep an eye on future releases as we continue to improve the platform: https://customer.io/docs/release-notes/

Thanks again, 

Hey Rachel. Thank you for getting back to me.  

Right now, we are using different Customer.io workspaces for different environments. We want to keep these environments identical—aside from things like sender IDs, and auth tokens/keys. which vary by environment. Not having the ability to programmatically create campaigns (or much other configuration) means that we have to manually copy config between workspaces.  

This is error-prone and requires making one change per environment instead of one change which we could then deploy to each workspace using an API.  

I find it strange that the create API doesn't exist when there are APIs for the other CRUD operations. Not having this functionality means we are going to have to move away from Customer.io at some point once it becomes unsustainable to manually organise our config through the UI.