Solved

Sending a newsletter progressively to the user base

• 22 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’d like to know if it’s possible to send a newsletter progressively to the whole user base.

For example, let’s say I have 10,000 contacts in my user base, and I want to send a newsletter to all of them. However, I don’t want 10,000 emails sent simultaneously to avoid clogging up email servers of certain clients. I want to send an email every n second or minute, let’s say 5 seconds.

Thank you your help.

icon

Best answer by Ryan_cio 23 May 2023, 10:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can set a sending rate for a newsletter from the “Recipients” tab when creating a newsletter. You can set a specific amount of emails that should be sent per minute, hour or day:

It’s important to note, that the number of emails sent will not be spread out evenly over the period. For example, if you select 10 messages per hour, these will likely all be sent at the same time and then we’ll wait for an hour to send the next 10.

You can find more information about this feature here: https://www.customer.io/docs/journeys/newsletters/#limiting-send-rate

Have a great rest of your day,

Ryan

Thank you Ryan. I was using “Campaigns” to send my newsletters… Much better now :)